Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Fascinating AML

I don't feel like talking about work right now, and I'm not feeling particularly philosophical. So, I'm going to take a cue from Tense Teacher and do a weekend meme. I have done a meme one other time, and I bitched about doing it. So before you start yelling "hypocrite!" I'll point out the difference. The first one I did was passed on to me as a sort of blog-tag. I viewed it along the lines of a forced e-mail forward, and I'm not a big fan of that concept. This time I'm doing it of my own initiation. I have willingly stolen the questions from Tense's blog. Likewise, I will not pass it along to anyone, but offer whoever wants it to feel free. OK, enough pre-text, let's get started because I know you are dieing to find out some inane details about me.

Do you snore?
RR claims I do, although she has a penchant for exaggeration. She can fall asleep in a matter of moments. If ever it takes her longer than 5 minutes and she can hear me breathing, she says I'm snoring. If I have a head cold I know I do though.

Are you a lover or a fighter?
I guess I would say I'm more of a lover, or maybe a rationalizer. I can pretty much talk my way out of anything. But if it comes to the point that fighting is my only option, I'm willing to do what it takes.

What's your worst fear?
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our greatest fear is that we are powerfull beyond belief." --Nelson Mandela
I could give you an entire disertation on how significant I think this quote is... buuut I bet I won't.

As a kid, were you a Lego maniac?
Well, maniac might be a bit strong, but I loved any toy that I could create something with my hands. Legos, Linken-logs, erector sets, I even had one kit that came with a motor and a bunch of pieces to build electronic stuff. I was one of those goofy kids that would take crap apart to see how it went together. Legos would piss me off sometimes though as one section would always fall apart as you tried to apply a different section.

What do you think of reality TV?
Generally, I'm not a big fan. Although, I do like Survivor as I get into the strategy and mind games.

Do you chew on your straws?
No, I think this is more of a nervous thing, and I'm generally pretty relaxed.

Were you a cute baby?
Yes, but I don't know what happened since.

Is the single life for you?
I am someone who is comfortable being just with me, and I meet and get along with new people pretty easily; so being single never really bothered me. However, I am more happy sharing my life with someone else, so I prefer my life the way it is.

What color is your keyboard?
Black, but I don't know why we have to get all racial.

Do you sing in the shower?
If the mood strikes me I've been known to belt out some songs. I've even taken a few requests, but mainly just to quiet down.

Have you ever bungee jumped?
Technically no, but there is a thing at the local amusement park that is similar. It straps you (and up to two other people) into a harness, pulls you 150 feet into the air, and drops you. Instead of the snap and bounce at the end of a bungee jump, you swing back up the other side. Therefore, after the initial pissing of your pants, you then feel like you are flying until they reel you back in. Since I worked at the park when I was younger, I've done this more times than I can count.

Any secret talents?
Yes, but if I told you it wouldn't be a secret.

What is your ideal vacation spot?
Generally: a beach; specifically: Sanibel Island, FL

Can you swim?
Like a fish.

Have you seen the movie Donnie Darko?
Yes, I've seen a lot of movies. This one doesn't make my top ten.

Do you give a damn about the ozone?
"Where's all this global warming I keep hearing about? Screw the kids, I'm cold now. Psssssssst (spray's arosole)"--Drew Carey

How many licks does it take to get the center of a Tootsie Pop?
Who licks those, seriously? I'm more used to sucking and biting. Wait, what are we talking about?

Can you sing the alphabet backwards?
No, I can sing it forwards while walking backwards, does that count?

Do you prefer electric or manual pencil sharpeners?
I couldn't tell you the last time I used a pencil, but I guess electric. Work smarter not harder.

What's your stand on hunting?
I don't stand on hunting; I don't support it either.

Is marriage in your future?
Another one? I hope not. I'm happy with the one I have, thanks.

Do you like your handwriting?
Yes, I write in big and small caps for some reason. It is relatively neat, for a guy.

What are you allergic to?
Stupidity, I break out in fits of sarcasm.

When was the last time you said "I love you"?
About 20 minutes ago.

Do you cry at weddings?
Not since since there was a stabbing at The Onion wedding.

How do you like your eggs?
Stirred, not shaken.

Are blondes dumb?
No, but I think some use the stereotype to their advantage.

Where does the other sock end up?
Bend over, I'll show ya.

What time is it?
GAME TIME! Oh sorry, old habits are hard to break.

Do you have a nickname?
Not since High School. Back then it was Head because they had to buy a special football helmet for my large noggin. It was said in an endearing way. There was a guy who said it in a mean way once. Once.

Is McDonalds disgusting?
Eh, not disgusting, but one of my last choices for fast food.

When was the last time you were in a car?
An hour ago.

Do you prefer baths or showers?
Showers, unless maybe it is a sponge bath.

Is Santa Claus real?
Yes, why? What have you heard?

Do you like to have your neck kissed?
By the right person, yes.

Are you afraid of the dark?
No, it is afraid of me.

What are you addicted to?
Nothing really, I like movies, but it's not much of an addiction.

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
"I was thinking that if you were going out anyway, anyways, maybe you could bring Bobby to the hospital. And if go to the store, don't get crunchy peanut butter, get smooth." --Brian Regan

Can you crack your neck?
Yes, but I can crack my back easier. All I have to do is turn and push a certain way. RR hates the sound, but it feels great.

Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Yes, after a bicycling accident. My knee was swollen and they were afraid I hurt my neck. I was fine.

Is drug free the way to be?
Psychotropics are good when needed; illegal hallucinogenics, not so much.

Are you a heavy sleeper?
I used to say yes, but somehow if ever my dog needs me in the middle of the night I wake up.

What color are your eyes?
Most people would think brown, but hazel is more accurate.

Do you like your life?
I can't complain, although sometimes I still do.

Are you psychic?
I knew you were going to ask that.

Have you read Catcher in the Rye?
Considering that it is listed as one of my favorite books on my profile page, I am going to say yes.

Do you play any instruments?
No, I never learned to read music.

Have you ever stolen money?
No

Can you snowboard?
I've never tried.

Do you like camping?
I don't do it all that often, but I do enjoy it.

Do you snort when you laugh?
Not unless I am mocking someone else.

Do you believe in magic?
I believe that we have powers that are beyond our understanding, but I wouldn't call it magic.

Are dogs a man's best friend?
Non-judgemental, unconditional love; yes, yes they are.

Do you believe in divorce?
I am a child of it, so yes I know it exists.

Can you do the moonwalk?
Oh yeah, I can break it down for a big man.

Do you make a lot of mistakes?
I never make mistkes.

Is it cold outside today?
A little bit, but the cold has barely even begun around here.

What was the last thing you ate?
A breakfast bar.

Do you wear nail polish?
Only on the weekends.

How many people do you like right now?
A handfull, just because I'm nice to you doesn't mean I like you.

What's the most annoying TV commercial?
Any that they feel the need to shout the entire time (I'm looking at you used car dealers).

Do you shop at American Eagle?
Yes, amoungst many others. I've told ya, I like to shop.

Favorite song at the moment?
I've been enjoying the new BNL album lately.

That's it. Man, that took a while. I think I'll just stick to normal posts.

20 Comments:

Blogger M said...

okay, I'm one of those freaks that love reading stuff like this. Love your work, Head. :P

5:16 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

You are a true inspiration AML. Truly.

10:28 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger SRR said...

WTF!!! I so DO NOT exaggerate buddy! YOU sound like a fucking freight train. But I love you anyway, and it's comforting in an odd sort of way to know you are still alive, except on my long run days!! :-)

10:48 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger mist1 said...

Just once, I'd like a biracial keyboard.

12:13 AM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

Survivor is good this year. My favorite was early on (episode two I think) when the spanish dude told Jeff he made a love connection, and the look on Jeff's face as he said "what?!" was friggin priceless!

2:52 AM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

m: Thanks. These things just show you the rabbit hole. To peer in much deeper might get a little scary.

geek: Yeah, I decided to do it because I was feeling lazy, but it ended up taking longer than I thought.

iheart: I'm going to assume you are being sincere and just say thank you.

rr: Do you remember when Big Daddy crashed at our house? THAT was snoring. I am a heavy breather at best. Oh yeah, you know it drives you wild.

mist1: True, but then someone would always find an issue with what each color of key spelled out.

celeste: I was so embarassed for that guy I could barely look at him. I will never understand what goes through people's heads. Even if you're a complete idiot, can't you just pretend? It's only 40 days!

10:45 AM, October 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting AML. I'm trying to remember what color nail polish you were wearing when I was down there. :-)

10:51 AM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Deb said...

They say that chewing on straws mean that you're sexually frustrated. Glad this isn't the case! ;)

12:27 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

hehe id love to see u doing the moonwalk

12:59 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love these things. I think I might steal it...

4:04 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Stephanie said...

FYI, you do snore. But you can also break it down like the bad mothafucka you are.

5:31 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger cmeddie said...

I have no doubt you are a lover... The running rabbit and you wouldn't have been together this long if you were a fighter! ;)

8:27 AM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

jahowie: I think it was a shade of pink, because it went with your dress big guy ;)

~deb: Yep, no frustration here I guess.

lindzyp: Oh yeah, it's good stuff.

wendy: They are kinda fun, steal away. This one seems to be making its rounds.

doc: What have I told you about sneaking into my bedroom while I'm sleeping. And, yes, you've experienced my moves first hand; no, not in the bedroom.

cmeddie: Yin and yang for sure.

11:39 AM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger Murp! said...

HYPOCRITE!

Squid did the swingy cabley thing at Magic Mountain. He says it is the fastest way to blow 40 bucks this side of a gram of Bolivian Marching Powder. (Whatever that means.)

11:36 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger Elle J said...

The Nelson Mandela quote was awesome.. got me thinking Landlord! I like it!

10:01 AM, October 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You weren't supposed to tell about the pink dress. :-) I need your help coming up with a clever tag line at the end of my comments. How about this? Everyone be sure to check in regularly to this and any other blog that I might comment on, because what I have to say is so important. Too much? ;-)

11:06 AM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger Inner Fonzie said...

We had the exact same answers! Up until that *one* .. .then it all fell apart... but it was cool while it lasted :)

8:57 PM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

murp!: Oh yeah, did I fail to mention, I never had to pay for it; so it was definately worth free.

elle j: Oops, sorry to make you think. I hate it when that happens ;) The quote is actually from a graduation speech he gave to a college. The entire speech is incredible.

jahowie: No, that's perfect. Then end it with DEEEDEEEDEEE! Or you could take a different route and just see how many people you could make vomit with something like "This was Jahowie saying howdy!" It's as equally annoying as your inspiration.

fonzie: What, you don't like breakfast bars?

12:26 AM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

its good stuff eh? lets seee some footage! I bet u knew that was coming!

12:57 AM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Inner Fonzie said...

Never heard of American Eagle...

8:03 PM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home