Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Happy Flung Monkey Poo

I have touched upon this in the past, but due to a barrage of forwards I received today, I felt it was worth another look. I think it's funny that you can always tell when someone first gets into e-mail. They quickly become the forward sender. I don't mind since some of them are neat to look at, or are funny. The only time I don't like it is when the e-mail threatens me if I don't do what it says. "Send this to everyone you know or there will be a pox on your first born!" Seems a little extreme just to pass along a waiving monkey picture.

It's not even the pointless time it would take to send it to everyone I know. It is more the principle of being threatened by a faceless person who the only thing I know about them is that they enjoy monkey humor. In fact, whenever I get one of those e-mails, not only do I not pass it along, I take a moment out of my day and try to visualize the person who started it in the first place.

Normally they are pathetic little people, just barely above those who send out computer viruses. Sure they don't go after my hard drive, but they go after my lineage. And that is just wrong. They only differ from the evil of virus spreaders with the fact that they have some sense of humor. Now, normally I would be the last person to browbeat someone who is both evil and funny, but they cross the line when they threaten me and mine.

So, once I have them firmly in mind, I send them a little hex. "No, no, a pox on you sir!" Then I realize that I'm not even sure what a pox is. The only thing that comes to mind is chicken pox and that seems a little weak. Besides, maybe he already got them when he was young and it wouldn't even work.

So, then I sit back and try to gear up for something better. Let's see, not an insult, a curse... "May your love of funny monkeys someday come back to haunt you in a way you never dreamt. May you one day be at the zoo, enjoying your beloved monkeys at their exhibit when you notice a beautiful girl standing near you. This is the type of girl who would never be interested in you, but as it so happens she catches you looking at her. But, instead of the normal look of disgust you have grown accustomed to, she sends you a smile. You think to yourself that maybe this is your day. Maybe hell has frozen and a girl like this is into geeks. Then, just as you start to slip into fantasyland and your eyes begin to glaze over, you are snapped back into reality when a glob of poop slaps you in the head. You quickly realize by their hoots of laughter and chatter, that the monkeys who were the perpetrators of this action think that it is hilarious.


By the way, so does the girl. This extreme embarrassment causes you to piss yourself. O.K., now the girl gives you the look of disgust you are more familiar with. You are so stunned by this series of events that you can only stand there and cry. Some of your tears mix with the poo dripping down your head and gets into your mouth. Then, a few weeks later you die from a rare strain of monkey pox." There, I guess I did get to work in the word pox. I'm still not sure what it means, but it sounds better this way. I suppose the moral of the story is this:

e-mails from loved ones = great
forwards = O.K. to a certain extent
forwards that threaten = infuriating
originators of these threatening forwards = death by monkey poo.

Wow, I can't believe I made it through an entire post without a movie quote. I'm really proud of myself, I mean it.

Anybody want a peanut?


Damn.

12 Comments:

Blogger Me Myself and I said...

Can I use that next time someone sends me a lame-ass email threatening that I will have bad sex forever if I don't forward it to my closest 648 friends?

1:33 AM, July 20, 2006  
Blogger Wendy said...

yes, these e-mails are as horrible as the ones promising good luck upon you depending how many people you forward the mail to. Send to 3 people you'll have a good day, send to 5 you'll have a good week, send to 10 or more and you will be blessed your whole life! Oh, you must do this within 20 minutes...

"Monkey poo" to all of you. E-mail dorks.

1:35 AM, July 20, 2006  
Blogger RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

you're weird

1:05 PM, July 20, 2006  
Blogger SRR said...

The problem herein lies that you actually OPEN these ridiculous emails. You need to delete them before reading them.

5:08 PM, July 20, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

celeste: be my guest

wendy: I agree, the promiss of good luck is no better than the threat of bad

tt: yes, it tends to be family members who are the greatest perpatrators for me, especially the "older" generation

ihpt: thank you

rr: I open because I care. Then later when that person inevitably asks if I got their forward I can say "yes I did" then smack them in the mouth.

9:50 AM, July 21, 2006  
Blogger cmeddie said...

i say open them, and give the penuts to monkeys...

or maybe I am confused again.

5:17 PM, July 22, 2006  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

i hate hate hate these emails!!! they drive me abslutely bananas! and some of my closest friends actually are STILL sending them out?!!!!! whats with that??? what why????????grrrr

12:56 AM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Spacecake said...

When I get those emails, I don't even open to read them anymore. I know all of them by heart... No, not because I care, but bacause I've recieved them 3928398588439 times and more.

So I'm already cursed with bad sex and relationship problems for the next 1000 years and I've died at least 36 times.

Monkey poo.

7:05 AM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

dude, one fucking post a week is NOT going to cut it. YOU SUCK. get your head back in the game and blog your movie quoting ass off. Dont make me sic Lar on you.

11:11 PM, July 26, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

mp: yes, I'm afraid you are

lindzyp: some people just never learn

spacecake: I don't know how you make it through the day being so cursed

tarjeto: I don't know, I really don't like monkey poo

prettyteeth: alright already, shit!

6:24 PM, July 27, 2006  
Blogger The Super Bongo said...

I agree, those mild threat email forwards are annoying. However, as a monkey, I have to say that flinging the toxic poo as a come-back is probably a bit extreme. We like to keep the toxic monkey poo for really bad mo-fo's.

11:23 AM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Spacecake said...

You get used to it.

8:30 PM, July 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home