Friday, September 08, 2006

Part Three

In my former life I thought I wanted to be a psychologist. I worked both with adults who had mental illness and with kids who had severe behavior handicaps (SBH). Every day was a challenge, which I liked. What I didn’t like is the fact that there never seemed to be a light at the end of the tunnel for most of them.
What if this is as good as it gets?

One of the schools I worked in was pretty rough. I found out that all of the kids, which the other schools had trouble with, were shipped to this one school. I’m not sure who the genius was that thought this would be a good idea. But, when the school eventually closed, no one was all that surprised. The kids there would fight pretty regularly. If someone said the wrong thing, or even looked at them funny, it was on. I even had one kid whose socialization skills were so low that he would pick fights just for peer interaction.

Why am I telling you this? Well, because I had a pretty serious flashback at work yesterday. It started with yelling coming from outside of my office. I was in the back room, and before I could make it to the front I hear Skinny-hoe yell,
(she calls me by Mr. and my first name, then) “you betta come get her. She’s crazy.”

Apparently Bug-eyes had been over visiting Thinks-with-prick. Actually Bug-eyes has a patch over one eye for some reason, so we’ll call her Bug-eye to be more accurate. Anyway, she was in one of the back rooms of his apartment when Skinny-hoe came over. So, as Thinks-with-prick is out spittin’ game to Skinny-hoe in the living room, Bug-eye comes flying out of the back, mouth going. This whirlwind of yelling and cuss words works it’s way out to the front of the building. The Accountant wanted to call the cops, but I told her no, that as long as it was just verbal and not physical that I would deal with it.

So there I am standing between these two little women who were not happy with each other. Now very few people in this world have ever heard me yell. Normally the amount of physical space I take up, combined with my calm-sternness usually means I don’t need to. This was no exception. I had Skinny-hoe go back upstairs while I walked Bug-eye back to her apartment. After getting Bug-eye to stop exchanging insults with Thinks-with-prick:
You think you a playa, don’t nobody want your old ass.

Then why you down at my apartment, you crazy trick?

I was finally able to talk with her. “He thinks I’m stupid, trying to run game on me,” she said, more to herself than to me. Now to clarify, she is a little slow, but I guess he’ll have to be slicker than that.

I don’t know about that. What I do know is that he’s not worth losing your apartment over. Do you understand what I mean?” I say.

She does, and apologizes as she goes back into her apartment. “It will never happen again, I promise.
One of my workers yells, "You tha man!" to me as I walk back to the office, but I'm in no mood.


This whole scenario is clearly Thinks-with-prick’s fault. He won’t just be straight with Bug-eye and lets the situation string along. He knows this; I think he just likes having two ladies fight over him. But not even he likes this kind of drama, and he comes down later to apologize also.

I didn’t know there was going to be a part three. If there is a part four I fear it will end with me strangling someone.

--I realize that the pictures I use don't always match the right part of the movie from which the quote came. It's for illustrative purposes only. Besides, piss-off, quit being so picky.-- AML

16 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

who is giving you shit over pictures? I will kick their ass...point them out! ;)

Boy, these people are drama driven. Children with adult genitalia. Yuck.

Hope you feel better.

5:07 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Stephanie said...

AML, you ARE tha man. Especially given how quickly you fixed my sink pipe.

8:03 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Oh no she di'int. Good story. Fixin another woman's pipes, eh? How's RR feel about that?

Oh, nevermind, RR probably hops right in.

OMG.......you're almost 30!! YIKES!! I'm sorry.

9:01 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

wow who would've known that, as a landlord, you'd be dealing with such similar situations as you did in your job in your former life

wow are they ever over dramatic

10:10 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger cmeddie said...

MM is trying to get two ladies fighting over you.

9:34 AM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger Dan-O said...

You had better be careful w/ this whole situation. I see a bend up ahead and around the corner I see the AMP(absent minded PIMP). They're going to start to respect you and start coming to you for protection. REMEMBER, the house gets 50%!!!!

11:17 AM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

wendy: Nobody can give me any more shit than I give myself.

doc: Yes the plumbing god smiled upon me at that point. There is a first time for everything.

iheart: Being out numbered in the house 4 females to my 1, the demands placed upon me are varied and numerous. And thanks for the reminder, but not for a week. I'm ready for 30, bring it on!

lindzyp: The drama of psychology follows me where ever I go.

cmeddie: Story of my life.

dan-o: 50% my ass! If I give support and protection, all the money comes my way.
Pimps in the front, hoes in the back, and chumps in the trunk baby!

12:50 PM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

Sounds like the skills you acquired in your past job are coming in handy at this place.

3:23 AM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger Spacecake said...

I thought you were just the kind of person, who rarely yell. That's nice.

So your birthday is next week ?

10:38 AM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger SRR said...

Aren't you glad you come home to sane people? Oh...yeah...well wait a minute do you?! :-)

8:52 PM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

celeste: Skillz, I got mad skillz.

spacecake: Saturday the 16th is party day.

rr: Some days yes, some days no.

geek: I am thinking about starting a protection business. I figured I don't have enough jobs.

11:27 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

A landlords work is never done.

11:57 AM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger Inner Fonzie said...

I have nothing to add. I just want to keep acting friendly towards you in case I need to get a new apartment.

6:42 PM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

OMG.....Fonzie!!!???? YIKES!!!

8:04 PM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger cmeddie said...

That reminds me of the Friends episode where the triplets OBGYN was a fonzie fan.

11:26 PM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

jerk: Yes, but I give service with a smile. Well, OK, would you believe a sarcastic smerk?

fonzie: It's never a bad idea to stay in my good graces.

iheart: I doubt he's the guy from your post, but you never know.

cmeddie: Back off, I'm the master of random pop-culture references ;)

12:06 PM, September 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home