Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Where am I?


What the hell is that?

That is the spider that was camped out on the side mirror of my car. He rode with me all day today. It made we wonder what insects (or arachnids) think when they land on a car that ends up moving. I've had bugs sitting on my windshield when I start up in the morning that somehow have hung on until I get to work. Do they look around after we stop and wonder where in the world they are? They don't understand what a car is. All they know is that it was very windy and now they're far from home.

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore


Take this spider for example. Now, I don't know all that much about spiders, but I swear he was asleep all day. He (or she, I didn't check) did not move from that position since I first noticed him this morning. We traveled over 50 miles total today, and he slept through the whole damn thing in his cozy little mirror nook. I'm assuming he's awake now as I'm typing this and earning his keep by eating bugs. But, when he woke up, was he a little befuddled? Now, after all the places he could have potentially seen today, he merely ended up on the other side of the street. Still, did he think to himself, "Son of a bitch! I had some weird-ass dreams. There were all these strange noises and shit. Damn!" I'm not sure why the spider's language is so bad, I apologize on his behalf.

You see, I juggle enough stuff during the day to make a normal person nauseous, yet this is the crap that occupies my brain. You realize it's all fun and games until I go out tomorrow morning and the entire side of my car is covered in web. Stupid stow-away, free loading spider.

18 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

ummm, this creeps me out a little. I looked at the picture and had no idea what it was, then I read it was a spider. That is an ugly little friend of yours.

2:57 AM, August 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a spider. It's actually a GPS tracking device that can aslo read brainwaves...

8:20 AM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger cmeddie said...

Just because you like quiet tenants doesn't mean you should allow this one to remain on your new little baby...

EVICT HIM (or her!)

9:16 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Dan-O said...

All I can picture is Jim Carrey in the Dog truck acting like he's running "It feels like I'm running at an incredible rate, Harry".

10:31 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

wendy: Oh, he's just hairy, and leggy, and ... yeah he was kinda ugly.

squid: Reading brainwaves, or transmitting them? I could have sworn I had a taste for insect all day.

is crazy: You're right, next thing you know he asking me to take him to the mall and drop him off at his buddy's. I had better draw the line.

cmeddie: Well, he never paid any rent, so it should be easy enough.

10:36 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

dan-o: Hee hee, "Loyd, we haven't even left the state and you're already bugging me." Pun intended.

10:39 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

I dont like this post. Please try again.

11:45 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Ernie said...

Ewww spiders. They view me as the grim reeper. We really don't get along that well!!!

2:54 AM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Stephanie said...

He's not sleeping.... He's dead. Or at least he will be if he ventures into my neck of the woods.

9:40 AM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

tt: I wish I could say I don't know what you mean, but I don't like to lie.

prettyteeth: What, not a spider fan?

ernie: I have an understanding with spiders: in the house= dead, outside the house= alive.

doc: He wasn't dead. I'll bring him up to you to prove it.

11:41 AM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Spacecake said...

I looked at that picture, and asked myself the very same question until I looked a bit lower to see, that you had already done the job for me to ask it.

Thanks anyway.

I like spiders, in some strange way, though I think they are discusting. I think they're cool, but if I see one crawling on the floor I try to get rid of it preeetty quickly.

1:39 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

I have to get rid of them right away. If I see one on my car and then I don't get it off then Im freaked out of it hanging down in my face when Im driving..its a big fear casue its happened to me before!

10:27 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

run away!!!!

Spiders scare the heck outta me.

3:21 AM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

spacecake: Discusting or cool, as long as you are getting rid of them yourself I give you credit.

geek: A spider that can drive, how horrible. Thats all you need to hear while you're driving is some back web advice...
"Man, could you hit the brakes any harder?"
"Hey, where's the fire, Mario?"
"Geesh, you took that turn like a maniac."
squish

lindzyp: Yes, my previously stated rule for inside vs. outside pertains to the car as well.

celeste: Yeah, not crazy about them either, although they are far less scary than ferocious rabbits with big, gnashing teeth.

12:26 PM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger cmeddie said...

where'd you get all these friends. I am jealous! :(

5:04 PM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

cmeddie: Well, I have links to other people for one, Miss Google news/edit me/edit me ;)

6:18 PM, September 03, 2006  
Blogger Dan-O said...

Why is the Dentists blog not responding??

7:15 PM, September 03, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

dan-o: She told me she doesn't like you, you're teeth are to small.

10:20 PM, September 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home