Saturday, August 26, 2006

The love triangle...er square... pentagon, whatever (Part Two)

Now, Thinks-with-prick owns two big-ass Cadillacs. One is from the mid seventies, the other from the mid nineties. They are his babies. He keeps them cleaned and tuned and running right. The only catch: he can’t drive them. I’m not sure what the situation is, but he hasn’t been allowed to drive since I’ve been in the picture. I know this kills him, but he finds ways to get by. He’ll start one of the cars up from time to time and just sit there listening to the radio. He’ll have other people drive it to and fro, with him as the passenger. He’ll even drive it to the end of the complex and back every once in a while.

I’m an excellent driver.

So, on this particular day, Skinny-hoe is the driver and Thinks-with-prick is the passenger. Just as they are driving away, Bug-eyes is coming down for a visit. She sees them leave. She is still sitting on the stoop when they get back. The impending, inevitable confrontation ensues.

“Wacha doin’ wit my man?!”

“Who you think yo talkin’ to? He ain’t yo man or my man. I ain’t wit nobody around here. You betta get up out o’ my face!”

“You need ta stay away from him!”

“You need to be stayin’ away from me!”

blah, blah, blah

This goes on for a surprisingly short amount of time. It is capped with Skinny-hoe coming in to my office to inform me that “the crazy lady” is outside giving her a hard time.

“I don’t know what that lady is talkin’, I ain’t wit’ him. I just braid his son’s hair and stuff.”

Don’t care, don’t care, don’t care.

Later that evening, Bug-eyes decides that the best method is to drown her sorrows in some form of narcotic. We know this because at around 11pm she is out in the parking lot, wearing very little, and propositioning the maintenance guy as he comes home from shopping. She is workin’ it pretty hard with her best high-smoothness. Something to the extent of a Joey “how YOU doin’” escapes her mouth at various intervals. Then, when she realizes that the maintenance guy is sitting in his vehicle with his girlfriend, she changes it to “Oh, how you BOTH doin’.” Oh yeah, ménage-ghetto anyone?

Now apparently she hadn’t wanted to get high alone. So, she chose the neighbor who lives below her for company… the married neighbor below her. He emerges from his apartment looking just as high. He is followed by his wife, now home from work.

The wife starts in (or most likely continues on):
“So that is what you want, some hoe-ass-trick? Fine then, go be with her. Go on, stay your stupid ass out of my apartment. Better yet, maybe I’ll just run your ass over.”

The wife, keys still in hand, proceeds to hop in her car. She pulls out, makes a relatively lazy effort to run him over (he is, after all, at this point a lanky, wobbling, high, easy target), and continues on out of the driveway only slightly through the grass.

Later still, Bug-eyes, down off of her high and remembering the troubles of life, decides to go and key one of Thinks-with-prick’s Caddies (translates to scratching the side of the car with a key). I know this because he is in my office the next day to tell me.

“That crazy bitch scratched up my car! You’d think she would wait until a day when she didn’t just go off so it would be less obvious. But no, she gots to go an’ do this. Now I know it was her. She did this before too, and I got mad at her then. She’d betta watch herself, or I don’t know what I’ll do.”

Apparently what he’ll do is leave a threatening note on her door. Into the office enters Bug-eyes:

“Somebody left this note on my door and I don’t know who it was, but I don’t like it,” she says waiving the note.

“You don’t know who it was, eh? Well, I’ll give you three guesses and the first two don’t count,” I say as sarcastically as I can. She gives me a blank bug-eyed stare.
“Call the cops if you think that is the best way to go,” I follow-up, tiring of the situation rapidly. She mutters incoherently and walks out of the office. I make sure the door hits her in the ass on the way out.

See, I told you it was a long story. Hopefully it was worth the gap.

17 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

how the heck do you put up with these people? You should throw them all out, get govt subsidies and turn your apt complex into senior housing. The most racket you'll get is the occasional, "Help, I've fallen and can't get up!" oh and the daily my heater isn't working and my toilet won't flush...

Nevermind. Good story! But, did anyone call the cops?

1:45 PM, August 26, 2006  
Blogger Spacecake said...

You should throw them all out and take me as tenant. I'm calm and I don't complain about small stuff. Really. I would be a great tenant, I assure you. Well, I do like listening to music loudly, but I only do it during day time so it shouldn't be a problem ? I don't even do it too often.

It would be interesting to try out your job for a day.

4:36 PM, August 26, 2006  
Blogger SRR said...

Ahhh...the ghetto life...gotta love the ignorant ones in life. They provide such entertainment for us!! :-)

10:40 PM, August 26, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

wendy: Whenever you involve the government things get messy. It has been my experience that subsidised housing is a rough way to go. Sure, your rent is garenteed every month, but at terrible cost to property and sanity, not to mention the red tape. That is why we choose not to go with any subsidised housing; even though with the area the complex is in I could fill us to capacity in a month's time if we did open that door.

geek: Yes, I've said it before and I'll say it again, this job would be great if it weren't for the tenants.

spacecake: Let's see, with your plan I would have to clone you over one hundred times. Then I would have to move you and all of your clones to the U.S. This is assuming your parents would be willing to co-sign for the hundred yous since you are under 18 years of age. I don't know, it sounds kinda complicated.

rr: What are you saying? That everyone who lives in the ghetto is an ignoramous sent here to amuse us? In fact, I have heard your mother refer to the part of town our house is in as the ghetto. Does this mean that we are both stupid clowns? I resemble that remark ;)

11:18 PM, August 26, 2006  
Blogger cmeddie said...

I love drama. I mean, other people's drama and people-watching is, IN fact, what makes the world go round.

1:40 AM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger C... said...

man - that's a very crazy bunch of people. Is this a crack addict haven?

11:34 AM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

Ahh, the ghetto-blues. At least if you are going to deal with idiots, they might as well be entertaining.

7:29 PM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

That is the funniest blog I have read in a long time, next to mine of course

9:41 PM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

cmeddie: Being a spectator is great, I just hate when they try to pull me into the drama.

c: The funny thing is I spent the last few years getting rid of the real trouble makers (drugs and prostitution). Of the 80 to 90 tenants I over-see, only the handfull of silly ones make print.

celeste: True, I'd rather laugh than cry.

prettyteeth: Of course, nothing can hang with your rhymes.

11:16 AM, August 28, 2006  
Blogger Dan-O said...

Dude can I seriously come down there on an off day with a lawn chair and a case of Michelob light? I have got to see all of this in person.

6:27 PM, August 28, 2006  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

atleast it makes for a good story!

thanks for entertaining us:) but on the other hand - sorry you have to deal with nutty people on a daily basis

7:49 PM, August 28, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

dan-o: "Don't mind me, I'm just gonna watch." Hee hee

lindzyp: You're welcome. Amazingly enough, compaired to my former life of psychology, these people are pretty tame.

tt and geek: Thanks. Screw the early worm, it's the late worm that gets to see the cool stuff first.

11:48 PM, August 28, 2006  
Blogger Wendy said...

cool, check out the new stuff!

3:42 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Deb said...

This totally reminds me of something out of Judge Judy or any court show. How funny -- this has to be the most entertaining business to be in! Now, have you ever had a problem where a tenant didn't pay you? I always worried about that when I thought about doing that myself.

Anyway--great post! You should make this into a movie! I swear!

5:56 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Every time I come here, there are more fun things!

5:57 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

~deb: Ah yes, entertaining indeed. People not paying their rent is a normal thing (see my post entitled "An ass chewing..." for a story of one of my trips to eviction court). Although I've heard in New York the courts are so backed up that it takes a while to evict people.

wendy and doc: I got's to keep it fresh. I'm glad you like.

10:17 AM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger Spacecake said...

We'll just wait a few years more.

Patience my friend.

hahahaa.

1:36 PM, September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home