Thursday, October 19, 2006

Blowin' in to the Windy City

Well, I'm off to Chicago until Monday night. Ah Chicago, home of Harry Caray, Mr. Jordan, Ferris Beuller, and for the purpose of our trip, the Chicago Marathon. RR will be one of 40,000 runners and I'll be one of 1.5 million spectators.

Hey AML, why aren't you running the marathon?

Because if I need to go 26.2 miles, my car will take me. Yes, in this instance fellow readers, I am an athletic supporter. Wait, that doesn't sound right.

Anyway, Sunday is the big day. Until then, there will be much shopping and eating and shopping. And did I mention eating? Oh, I think I did. The Magnificent Mile won't know what hit it.

I'm not sure if I'll have internet access, so try not to miss me too much. I'll be sure to visit upon my return. And there will be stories to be told. In fact, I have a few to tell you now, but there just isn't the time; just never enough time.

Good bye 'Naty, hello Chi-Town. Look out all you crazy Chicago drivers, here we come. It is going to be a mad house, and we're going to love every minute of it.

P.S.: My apologies if you have not seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off; the rock you've been living under must have been heavy.

13 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Have fun and have a safe trip there! You'll be missed.

I can always watch Ferris Bueller over and over---great movie!

7:40 AM, October 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good time you guys!! I'll be in touch and cheering RR on from here.

Everyone be sure to check in regularly to this and any other blog that I might comment on, because what I have to say is so important. DEEEDEEEDEEEE. ;-)

You're right AML!! This works.

8:33 AM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger SRR said...

Jahowie...you are not even posting that after every fucking post. STOP-IT!

And AML, I will never be a 4 minute mile pace. But thanks...let's aim for that 9 min/mile pace.

But the real reason we're going to Chi-town people is for the SHOES!!!!!!!! :-) (Silly marathon!)

9:47 AM, October 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. AML did come up with another one RR. I'll use the one that you liked. Have fun shoe shopping AML. Why don't you go ahead and get something nice for yourself while your at it. :-)

This is jahowie saying howdy....;-)

11:39 AM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You know, I never knew Ferris Bueller had a tattoo in the movie!

9:19 AM, October 20, 2006  
Blogger M said...

ooo have fun!

And unlike Ferris, at least you don't have to "bum rides off people" to get there.

chicka chicka

3:25 PM, October 20, 2006  
Blogger Wendy said...

Have a great time! Don't "borrow" any cars and joyride them and then try to turn the odometer back. LOL :)

4:41 PM, October 20, 2006  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - FB

Good luck RR!!

5:56 PM, October 20, 2006  
Blogger Spacecake said...

Oh, you have no idea how heavy this rock is... all I can do from here is use the computer.

Well, have a great time and good luck to RR ^^

9:40 PM, October 20, 2006  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

have a fun time and a good break from the craziness of what your life can be as the ab minded landlord

4:19 PM, October 22, 2006  
Blogger mouse said...

grrreeeeeeat meeting you guys on Sunday! :)

i'm so looking you guys up next time i'm in the 'Nati.

7:10 PM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

everybody: We're back. RR and I thank you for all of the well wishes. We had a blast.

spacecake: I hope you are not inferring that you haven't seen Ferris Bueller. If so, go rent it immediately. It is geared at your age group and is a great look at American life in the late 1980's.

mouse: The pleasure was all on this side I assure you. I'd be down right offended if you didn't come find us.

8:34 PM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger cmeddie said...

DAMN, i am far nehind. This sucks...

11:08 PM, November 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home