Thursday, July 27, 2006

Are you gunna run tell yo' mommy too?

On Sunday I return a call from a tenant saying that there is a small drip coming from the ceiling above her bathtub. She said she had noticed a spot on the ceiling, but that it had just started dripping today. She admitted that it wasn't too bad, just annoying. I assured her that we would be out first thing in the morning to figure out what was going on.

Monday morning the maintenance guy goes to asses the situation. He opens up part of her bathroom ceiling to get a look. We then call and arrange for our plumber to come out on Tuesday to fix the problem stemming from the apartment above. We notify both tenants of the proceedings.

Tuesday morning the plumber fixes most of the problem but needs a few parts.

Wednesday the plumbing is finished and the hole in the ceiling is patched.

This is really boring, is there a point to this?

Yes, I'm getting there. Then, in Wednesday's mail is a letter from the Health Department. It is from the tenant that originally had the leak in her ceiling. Apparently she reported that she had mold on her ceiling. WTF? Sunday was the first I heard of it. We couldn't have rendered the problem any quicker than we did. I look to see what the date was that she called it in: the previous Wednesday. That was five days before she called me.

Now this seemed shitty and confusing, until I thought back to what also happened on that Wednesday. That was the day that I scolded her for all the noise and disruption complaints I had been getting in regard to her apartment. I had also handed her a letter threatening her with eviction if things didn't change.

So, what does this mean? It means that I can almost picture her going, "Oh yeah, well I'll show you."

By the way, did I mention that this is The Pot Head Tenant from a few posts back? Why yes, yes it is. Now, I've not smelled a thing or heard a peep since she got my letter, but the damage has been done. We may be beyond eviction and into missing person territory. You didn't hear that here.

"WAAAA, he won't let me smoke pot, scream cuss words in the hall and outside the building, or blast my music at 2am! He is soooo mean!"


9 Comments:

Blogger RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

That baby looks like it is wearing a black turtleneck. That kid is going to have a big nose when it gets older too. An eyebrow wax wouldnt hurt it either. Those things are like 40 mm long.....each. Yeah, that will gie it something to cry about. Crybaby.

As for the tenant, bring that baby over and let it hang out in the hallway. I would move out of there STAT! if that thing showed up in my building

10:47 PM, July 27, 2006  
Blogger Wendy said...

wow. Vindictive isn't she? She would be gone so fast light couldn't catch her. Not cool when they turn on you.

2:47 AM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Comm's said...

Like sending a stealth letter to HD is not going to come back on her. "Oh I have no idea who sent this. Who could it have been? The tenant is a picture of perfection. I am in such a tizzy because the big bad health department thinks I have...gasp...shock...MOLD!! AAAAhhhh, run for the Lysol."

Did she really think you would have broken a sweat. How about bring in the HD for a visual while shes not home then break one of her hummel figurines.

1:05 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Spacecake said...

I hate those kind of pictures of babies. It's not the baby, it's just the picture... of the baby.

I was actually talking about yout Pot Head Tenant with my mom! No I don't know why, so don't ask me...

I'm totally on your side. Kick her ass. (Maybe) Not literally, lol.

8:36 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

That chick makes me angry, and I dont even know her! Take her pot-smokin-noise-makin-sorry-ass to court!

11:58 AM, July 29, 2006  
Blogger cmeddie said...

evict her for being a menace... Can you do that. Damn... guess not.

8:22 PM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

damn what a nit wit hahahaha nit wit sounds funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont mind me Ive had a couple drinks and Im alone a recipe for disaster watch out blogger!!

9:31 PM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

geek: in a Clerks vain, this job would be great if it weren't for the tenants

11:57 AM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger The Dog of Freetown said...

I feel I should reiterate - the only sensible solution to this is to order a hit. I know a girl who masquerades as a pizza delivery boy - she explodes their face off with TNT shapped like pepperoni. Sheer unadulterated brutal violence is the only thing that gets through to these pot-heads. I know, I was in Nam.

10:03 AM, August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home