Wednesday, June 21, 2006

And don't give me that falling down the stairs crap, I know you're conscious

Another day, another dollar. Do I like driving to the hood and shaking people down for their rent? Eh, it's a living. It's no dream job, but at least it's a steady paycheck. This is more than I can say for being a real estate agent. Just like anything that is based on 100% commision, that is a do or die type of gig. One day I'm a rich man, the next I'm a pauper. It's tough to budget on a financial rollercoaster. You can very easily become stressed in this type of a cenario, even for a laid back fella like myself. Enter the landlord job.

It has taught me a lot about things I've wanted to know, and even more about stuff that I never did. For the most part it is relatively painless, so I really can't complain (although sometimes I still do). Some days my psychology background comes in handy, while other days I'm the most over-educated cleaning person in the city.

Oh yeah, and aside from these two things I also help run a commercial construction company owned by the same guy who owns the complex. Plus, I am always on the lookout to aquire more property for myself to gradually build my empire. That's right, empire. Go big or go home. Or as Buddha put it, "The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive." You know, I'd be willing to bet that it's not often you'll see Buddhism and a generic, sports-themed colloquialism back to back like that. But, throw in a healthy dose of movie references and you'll start to get an idea of how my mind works.

It may be a slightly strange trip, but try and keep up.


2 Comments:

Blogger SRR said...

YEAH!!!! Welcome to blog land! I was like WHO the HELL is this?? Great job, BTW!!! I love it!

11:16 AM, June 21, 2006  
Blogger Chuck said...

This is a really cool blog - Nice!

11:56 PM, January 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home