Thursday, March 15, 2007

Up To The Challenge

I am admittedly a fan of movies. I enjoy them and have seen perhaps too many. I am not someone who studies them and knows the name of every actor who starred in every movie. I do, however, have a good memory for what I see. Things like plot and dialogue stick with me. For those of you that know me, or those who have been around here for a while, this is no big surprise. Therefore, when a few posts back I casually asked if anyone could guess the movie reference that matched my inside-out-sock-thing, I'm sure most of you didn't think twice. After all, it was sort of a random reference to a movie that never made it very big. Therefore, I wasn't all that surprised when no one even offered a guess.

No one, that is, until Runner Girl stepped up and nailed it. Even though she was a full post behind, as she said, it was better late than never. Somehow she knew that it was Sean Connery playing the title role of a reclusive author in Finding Forrester. I am both impressed and frightened by this channeling of the trivial. She was of course rewarded handsomely with the promised, inconsequential 500 points. Congrats Runner Girl, try not to squander those 500 points frivolously.

Now, all of this movie randomness made me start to think. The thinking made me have to take a nap. After the nap, I wondered if anyone knows the movie that contains the quote that is the title of my blog. In fact, I wondered how many people even knew that the title of my blog is a movie quote. Beyond that, I wondered how many people even give a crap.

Regardless, I figure I'll offer it up and see if anyone knows. The first person to guess the movie and scene wins a whopping 1,000 points. Plus, they may even be rewarded with some of my personalized Photo Shop goodness. I ask that the small handful of people I may have told long ago not spoil the fun.

I am not one to go without giving a clue. And while the top banner of my blog containing the lovely Rosario Dawson is NOT a clue, the title of my first post is. That title is the next line in the same movie.
Oooh, can't you just feel the excitement?

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have watched too many movies. I have read too many books. And I happen to love Sean Connery. I actually own the movie. {gasp} I should probably get a life. But then I wouldn't know the answers to useless trivia and what fun would that be?

I didn't know this new one, until I cheated that is. And I've even seen the movie. More than once. I fear my memory is starting to fade. Of course, I was 13 when the movie came out. Maybe random movie trivia was less important to my teenage self.

10:59 PM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm not even paying attention to what you're saying. I find myself too distracted by The Silver Fox. Ooooh, you know how I feel about Sean Connery! Thank you for the eye candy!

11:11 PM, March 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't have the mind for pop culture. Tense might know.

11:51 PM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger Baba Ganoush said...

First I thought I knew it. Then, I gave that pipe dream up. Finally, I tried to find it online. And now, I am pissed off because I can't find it.

Thanks!

12:50 AM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

Coming to America


Greatest Eddie Murphy / Arsenio Hall movie ever.

1:20 AM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

The second I read the second line I remembered the scene on the stairs.

1:20 AM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger geewits said...

I found it pretty quickly on IMDB.

4:39 AM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger M said...

good christ. I've only seen the movie about 80 BILLION times and I STILL had to look it up!

5:57 AM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger SRR said...

I want to play!!! But I guess that wouldn't be fair since you told me last night...in bed...

:-)

6:04 AM, March 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a great skit on SNL. My favorite was Burt Reynolds, or Turd Ferguson as he wanted to be called. :-) Have a good trip this weekened.

8:15 AM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger Wendy said...

coming to america

4:38 PM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger Comm's said...

damn!!!!

Sexually Chocolate ladies and gentlemen.

5:06 PM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I love the SNL skits with 'Sean Connery'.

7:43 PM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger cmeddie said...

i am th the good doc on this one. THANKS for the eye candy...

"Weclome to the rock"

possibly the hottest line in a movie... ever. ;)

11:26 PM, March 17, 2007  
Blogger Spacecake said...

I can't be bothered to try and guess because I'm not very good at that but wooooo Sean Connery.

I can't fee any exitement, sorry. I feel somewhat a failure because I can't even take a guess :/

Maybe next time.

1:43 PM, March 18, 2007  
Blogger Spacecake said...

Ooo, and I forgot to say that I dislike Burger King. Very much.

McDonald's FOR THE WIN!

1:44 PM, March 18, 2007  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

I took my weekend in the mountains away from the internet too give you guys the chance to guess.

runner girl: Be not ashamed of Finding Forrester. It is a good movie even though many have not seen it.

doc: You're welcome.

geek: Your great mind is filled with other goodness.

baba: Sorry man, didn't mean to frustrate.

stormin m: Winner! I hoped my hint didn't help too much.

geewits: Now now, this was a test of knowledge not how well you can research.

m: I think that one reason this was a little tricky is that I'm sure most people are like me and have seen it a majority of times on TV where they bleap part of the line out.

rr: You might actually have to stay awake for a movie in order to remember stuff from it ;)

jahowie: "Take a look at my huge hat. It's funny because it's bigger than a normal sized hat see, hah hah!"

wendy: Correct, but second place.

comm's: That boy can sing.

photogirl: Ah yes, I can't think of Sean Connery without thinking of Celebrity Jeopardy.

cmeddie: You are fantasizing about Connery and you think of the movie The Rock and not his 007 days? Interesting.

spacecake: Don't fret, not everyone's brain sticks to movie quotes. In fact, this one may have been made before you were born :)

10:26 PM, March 18, 2007  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

I've actually always chuckled about it. Like I said, the film has always been one of my favorites, and definitely my favorite Eddie Murphy movie.

8:58 PM, March 19, 2007  
Blogger Evil Spock said...

Dammit! Evil Spock came to the party late. That's what you get when you go on hiatus . . .

9:27 AM, March 20, 2007  
Blogger Dan-O said...

Son Bitch!!!!! I'm too late, Id'a had it!!!! "Rocky Marciano, every time a white guy talks about boxing he's gotta talk about Rocky Marciano......."

10:35 PM, March 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Schlong Cockery for his role in "In Her Majesty's Secret Cervix". That was classic...

2:54 AM, March 24, 2007  
Blogger Zoning Out Again said...

I like naps!

12:05 AM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Mmm sean Connery :)

7:43 AM, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Spacecake said...

Dude, where's my car? I mean, where are you? duuuude.

10:31 AM, May 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home